Terms and Conditions
We service Melbourne & all nearby suburbs
a. general terms
- Convenient Cleaning agrees to provide cleaning services to the Customer subject to the terms and conditions.
- The customer should provide the valid address to perform the cleaning tasks in Melbourne and Surrounding suburbs only.
- At the time of booking the cleaning service, duties will be agreed that what duties the cleaner will perform, by stating the package from the website, promotional Flyer or any other mean of engagement.
- The customer should inform if there is any changes in service needed eg. Extra hour of work or end of lease cleaning date changed.
- For any additional services or variations, the Customer must first contact Convenient Cleaning by telephone before the cleaners starts the job. Any additional services may include the extra charge to the actual quoted price.
- The date and time will be agreed by both Convenient Cleaning and Customer and will send one or more cleaners for cleaning.
- Convenient Cleaning reserves the right not to accept a booking for any reason.
- The Customer is not allowed to employ any cleaners for at least 6 months after the termination of services by Convenient Cleaning. Customer and Convenient Cleaning are obligated not to disclose any confidential information about each other to a third party.
- We reserve the right to re-schedule or cancel any appointment if the property is not as described either in condition or size, or if unexpected circumstances occur.
b. quotations terms
The quotation may change if the property conditions are different to those described or the customer’s original requirements are altered, or booking can be re-scheduled or cancelled if the property is not as described either in condition or size, or if unexpected circumstances occur.
- Quotes are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quote and subject to current availability.
- Convenient Cleaning will provide the quote from the information received by the customer through website-email/phone. The provided quote will be totally estimated by our experience and without seeing the property. We do have free onsite quote service available and we can fix the quote for customer’s peace of mind if property needs extra attention .
- If the cleaners before starting the work realise that the quoted time/price is less than what it should be Convenient Cleaning will discuss with the customer about the different options. E.g. finish the work with extra agreed cost or do as much as they can do in given quote. If the customer is not agreeing with any options Convenient Cleaning will not provide the service further to avoid any disputes .
- If customer is not willing to pay extra charge required for extra work but still want cleaning to be go ahead , then there is no further guarantee for cleaning and all agreed payment need to be settled prior to cleaning commences to avoid any further disputes.
- To finish the work in time and to get the precise quote customer must inform Convenient Cleaning if they are booking the service for Moving In/out or End of Lease cleaning service or commercial cleaning or construction cleaning.
c. customer agrees to provide the following:-
- The Cleaner will have clear access to those areas of the Premises requiring the Service. The premises will be totally empty for end of lease cleaning jobs. Convenient Cleaning has rights to refuse to do the job if the house is not ready for cleaning. Customer must provide us the empty house or otherwise mentioned furnished.
- Access to all services and utilities including hot and cold water, electricity, and rubbish bins and safe working environment at the Premises for the Cleaner
- Will authorised Convenient Cleaning to use the Premises and Customer should provide parking or pay for parking charge if required.
- The Customer will make sure that there will no health and safety related risks At the time of booking the Customer must provide details of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime located at the Premises.
d.exclusions and limitations
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of a breach of a warranty by the Customer in clause 2 and 3 (including a failure by the Customer to provide utility services, a safe working environment or unencumbered access to the Premises); or
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of the Cleaner not proceeding for health and safety reasons under clause 4;
- Any loss or damage incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of the effects of a force majeure, being any event beyond the reasonable control of Convenient Cleaning;
- Not completing or providing the Service due to an act or omission of the Customer or any other person at the Premises during provision of the Service;
- Existing dirt, wear, damage or stains that cannot be completely cleaned or removed;
- Any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- Any loss incurred as a result of any breakage or damage to goods, items of value (including antiques, items of sentimental value) or the Premises; or
- The cost of any key replacement or locksmith fees, unless keys were lost by Convenient Cleaning or the Cleaner.
- Except as provided in this clause, all conditions and warranties implied by law in respect of the state, quality or condition of the Service which may apart from this clause be binding on Convenient Cleaning are excluded.
- The Customer acknowledges that the results of any services provided may vary depending on a number of factors (including materials used, equipment used, time elapsed since Premises was last cleaned, and nature of cleaning required), and that Convenient Cleaning gives no guarantee as to the actual results of the Service.
- Except to the extent provided in this clause, Convenient Cleaning has no liability (including liability in negligence) to any person for any loss or damage, consequential or otherwise, suffered or incurred by that person in relation to the products or services provided by Convenient Cleaning (including any loss caused by, or resulting directly or indirectly from, any failure, defect or deficiency or any kind of or in the products used or services provided by Convenient Cleaning).
- Walls Cleaning: If walls are badly marked, or excessively stained as they may require extra cleaning time. Some of marks cannot be clean and not possible to achieve 100% cleaning results.
- Kitchen: If the oven ,stove or rangehood hasn’t been cleaned on regular basis then it is not possible to remove all the carbon & grime & achieve 100% cleaning results.
- Bathroom: If shower screen, tiles , sink, shower floor hasn’t been cleaned on regular basis then it is not possible to achieve 100% cleaning results .
- Carpet Cleaning: Our standard steam carpet cleaning will remove dirt, grime and dust from every day foot traffic and most clear liquid spills. Extra charges may apply to heavily soiled carpets. Our best effort will be made to clean the carpets, but the result will vary from carpet to carpet, and the result will be dependent on a number of factors beyond the control of convenient cleaning and that we give no guarantee as to the actual result of the service. Please note that any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed. Some stains that are deemed permanent may not respond satisfactorily to any treatment. For this reason we do not guarantee removal of permanent stains.
e.accidents, breakage, damage & theft claim
- The Customer must inform Convenient Cleaning of any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of the Cleaner within 24 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Customer is not entitled to claim any loss for any incident if the incident is not reported to Convenient Cleaning within 24 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, damage or loss to the following items is specifically excluded from the liability of Convenient Cleaning under these terms and conditions: cash, jewellery, art, antiques, and items of sentimental value. We do not take responsibility for personal belongings left in the property.
- No refund claims will be considered once the service has been completed and the team has vacated the property unless otherwise stated by us.
- All services are considered performed to a standard the customer would expect unless otherwise stated by the customer within 24 hours of the service being conducted. All complaints will be investigated and a resolution be made to the satisfaction of the customer or a standard we deem reasonable.
- The customer must agree to allow a re-clean or an inspection of any work deemed unsatisfactory before he/she arranges a third party to conduct services.
- If damage has been proven to be caused by us and we have been informed within 24 hours we will either repair the item or if the item cannot be repaired we will compensate with the items current cash value.
- Even though our technicians make every effort not to damage items, accidents occasionally happen. Therefore we recommend that all items of special value (either monetary or sentimental) are to be put away and/or not cleaned during this service.
- We may request access to a property where a problem has occurred within 24 hours of the service to investigate in an attempt to come to a resolution.
- We advise not to place any furniture on carpet that is not complete which is not 100% dry and shall not be liable for any damage this may cause.
- We are not responsible for any existing damage to the customers property that is not able to be cleaned or repaired by our technicians using standard methods of practice.
- We are fully insured in case any accident or damage happens. But we will not be held responsible for repair or replacement of items broken or damaged due to pre-existing wear and tear, incorrect installation, assembly or usage or imposed damaged afterwards. If damage has been proven to be caused by us then please notify convenient cleaning within 24 hrs of day of cleaning and we will get it fixed or if cannot be repaired then we will compensate with items current cash value.
- Our team will do their best to clean kitchen appliances, but please note that if they have not been regularly cleaned or there is some existing damage we are not liable for items that cannot be cleaned using standard methods.
- If you require your fridge/freezer to be clean, you are responsible for emptying and defrosting it in advance.
g. no access fee
h. keys and payment terms-debt collection agency fee
- Keys and swipes: We need to have the key and swipes of your property and on the day of the service as per as our requirements and security reasons. Extra charges may apply for collection & dropping of keys. We will be liable if we lost your keys. We will not be liable if we are advised by occupants to leave keys somewhere as they can’t be physically present to take possession of keys from us after we had finished the cleaning.
- Payment: Payment has to be made on the same day of our service or prior to cleaning. Payments can be made before or while our staff are at the premises only or we will hold the keys until payment has been settled .You can pay us by card (Saving, Cheque or Credit Card) or cash or over the phone (with credit card only ).Payment must be settled 30 mins before our service is done if customer will not be returning to property. In the event where your overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, you will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full , including legal costs. Overdue accounts will be subject to interest at the rate of 13% PA, calculated for the period the account is due until the date it is paid.
i. about our 100% bond back guarantee
- We will only collect the key from the agent’s office if there office is in the radius of 5 km from the property to be clean or otherwise customer has to arrange keys for us.
- Our Bond back guarantee means after our cleaning service if the agent have any issues regarding cleaning done, we will come back and do the re-cleaning of those issues, subject to which package you have chosen.
- If by any reason except cleaning done by us , Real estate agent or owner or landlord refuse to give you your 100% bond back ,in that case Convenient Cleaning is not liable for any money to be paid to customer.
- After 5 working days of service date, our 100% Bond back Guarantee is Null and void.
- None of our package includes curtains cleaning/fabric blinds cleaning nor outdoor cleaning e.g cobweb/sweeping of front yard. We do not take any responsibility of Garden cleaning/backyard cleaning. With the blinds cleaning we only dust face/front of the blinds.
j. refund policy
- We do not do the refund, but as per our 100% Bond back Guarantee we send our cleaning team back to the place and fix the issues to satisfy the Property Manager.
- In case if you have paid extra money by mistake then we will refund the amount.
- We may choose to refund via Bank Transfer.
- In case if the payment is taken in advance and customer wants to cancel the job then full amount will be refunded if notice given before 24 hrs of service date/time booked. If customer do not inform us in given time frame-no funds will be refunded.
k. things which are not included in packages &guarantee
- Kitchen and bathroom floor tiles grout cleaning not included. Bathroom shower/floor tiles grout in shower cabin is included.
- Brick walls cleaning is not included.
- Balcony rubbish removal or pot removal or balcony tile grout cleaning not included.
- Hard rubbish removal from property to outside of house/apt is not included due to council law restriction.
- We do not clean curtains/fabric blinds, not even with extra cost.
- Dishwasher is not included from inside. We only clean from outside.
- All the quote given for Empty house. If your property is furnished, then you need to inform in advance. We do not clean any other area except mentioned in packages and unless confirmed before the quotation given or work started.
- We clean only inside the house unless/until asked to clean before quote and work started with confirmation of price. E.g Balcony cleaning/fridge cleaning/ garage cleaning/patio cleaning/balcony glass cleaning.
- Garage Cleaning only includes sweep and cobweb removal. Garage cleaning do not includes wall mark removal, oil spot from the floor or scrubbing of the floor.
- We can clean anything (subject to terms & conditions) as per your requirements which are not included in the above packages with extra cost discussed prior to work start.
- Internal only for any windows above ground floor level-because of safety reasons.
- Venetian blinds Cleaning: For the purposes of a bond clean, we do dustings only to remove any dust. There is an assumption that the blinds are in good condition. Dirty or greasy blinds take a lot longer to clean and are not included in our standard bond cleaning service. In this case, bringing them to the standard required to pass a cleaning inspection will require a lot more work and thus additional charges may apply. However if very old blinds/lights or not working blinds or metals strip broken – we do not operate on them to prevent any further breakage unless the customer has asked to do so. If they are too old and seems more risk of breakage, we will not proceed further to clean.
- Heavily soiled carpet, paint on carpet, oil on carpet or special stain like pet pee,wine or cordial stained carpet are sometimes difficult to bring it to its original state but we will try our best to clean it up to best possible outcome. We can not give you a refund for the carpet not cleaned as new just because of the customer careless use of carpet.
l. privacy, law and changes to terms &conditions
- The Customer acknowledges that any information provided by the Customer may be used by Convenient Cleaning for the purpose of providing the Service. Convenient Cleaning agrees not to share any information provided by the Customer with any third party not directly involved in the provision of the Service (unless required to do so by law).
- Convenient Cleaning will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information provided by the Customer from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Convenient Cleaning reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, and may do so by publishing an updated agreement on its website. Each updated agreement will take effect 24 hours after it has been published on the website.
- The Customer agrees that any use of the Service following any such change, whether as a single job or as part of a regular cleaning schedule, constitutes their agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed. The Customer and Convenient Cleaning acknowledge and accept that this Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Victoria and both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria in the event of any dispute. The Customer agrees that if any term or provision is held invalid, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable and the remaining terms and provisions shall continue to be binding.